Time to Change

Frequently Asked Questions

What currency are the registration fees?
All fees are in Canadian funds ($) and payable by credit card, cheque or money order in Canadian funds.
What happens once I have registered?
Once your registration form has been processed and payment received, an email confirmation letter will be sent to you. The confirmation letter will provide additional details on the Symposium, schedule etc.
What is the registration deadline for the Conference?
We encourage you to register in advance so that your nametag and Symposium package are ready for you on the first day. Registration is available on the day of the conference
What is the refund policy?
A refund, less a 10% administration fee, will be issued if a written request and income tax receipt is received by January 16, 2015. Refunds are not issued after this date, but you may transfer your registration to another person if written notification is provided in advance. Those who register but do not attend will not receive a refund. In the event that the Ontario Turfgrass Symposium is cancelled due to severe weather conditions, 75% of your registration fee will be refunded.  Open Learning and Educational Support will not be responsible for travel or other related expenses incurred by the registrant. 
What if there is inclement weather during the Symposium?
The Ontario Turfgrass Symposium will continue as planned unless the University of Guelph declares a campus-wide University closure.  In the event of inclement weather, please visit the University of Guelph website www.uoguelph.ca. In the rare occurence that the University has declared a closure, an announcement will normally be communicated by 6:00 a.m. EST on the website.  If a closure is announced, Ontario Turfgrass Symposium will not be operating on that particular day.  
What is included in my registration fee?
The registration fee includes access to the Symposium, refreshments and coffee and access to the OTS Social Event.
Will I receive a receipt?
Your receipt will be available at the Registration Desk on the first day of the Symposium.
What does “Student Rate” mean?
Student rates are available for full-time university and community college students. A student identification number is required when registering.
How do I get a parking pass?
You may order a parking pass when registering for the conference. A map and parking information will be sent to you prior to the conference. You may also pay for parking during the day at an attendant lot or metered parking spot.
Who do I contact if I have special needs?
Please contact the Open Learning and Educational Support if you have a special request, such as accessibility needs. info@opened.uoguelph.ca
Are there other sites/attractions I should see while in Guelph?
Guelph is located in beautiful Wellington County in southern Ontario. Explore the Visit Guelph Wellington County website to find out about sites and attractions.


Email: info@opened.uoguelph.ca
Phone: 519-767-5000
Fax: 519-767-1114
Mail: Open Learning and Educational Support, University of Guelph, 160 Johnston Hall, Guelph ON N1G 2W1

View Archives


Guelph Turfgrass Institute Nursery Sod Growers Association of Ontario Professional Lawn Care Association of Ontario Ontario Recreation Facilities Association Ontario Turfgrass Research Foundation Sports Turf Association


Turf Care Plant Products MAR-CO
Simplistic Lines Inc. Ontario Seed Company Nutrite
Fiesta Lawn Life Bannerman
G.C. Duke Dol Turf Hutcheson
Vissers Nursery & Sod Farm